Safe, Effective, and Affordable
Under careful monitoring by medical professionals, methadone maintenance treatment (MMT) is safe, effective, and affordable.
When Employed to Treat Opiate Addiction, Methadone Performs 3 Functions:
Every one of these functions is integral to the recovery process.
- Prevents the symptoms of withdrawal
- Eliminates cravings
- Prevents the client from experiencing a high in the event that he/she uses another opiate during treatment.
MMT, the Most Widely Accepted and Best-Studied Treatment for Opioid Dependence, Has Been Shown to Reduce:
- Addiction related morbidity and mortality
- Societal costs associated with drug-related crimes
- Spread of blood-borne diseases such as HIV
Long-Term MMT Treatment Works!
Long-term MMT has been shown to be more effective than short-term or non-agonist-based treatments, and a high rate of relapse to opioid use has been found when MMT is discontinued too soon.